Improving your smile and reducing risks to your dental health are some of the most common reasons oral surgeries have to happen. Most often, a dentist works hard to avoid invasive procedures, if that’s possible. When it does become necessary, be sure you are turning to a board-certified and experienced oral surgeon. For those who know they need oral surgery in Houston, our team at Lovett Dental Jersey Village is happy to help you.
Some Common Oral Surgeries
There are many types of oral surgeries. Today, with less invasive technologies and more precise outcomes, oral surgeons have more tools than ever to help improve dental health. Some of the most common types of oral surgeries performed include the following:
- Wisdom teeth removal. These are the final teeth to come in often during the late teen years. They are not necessary teeth in terms of function, but they can be problematic especially if they do not come in properly. Removing them requires surgery.
- Tooth extraction procedures. There are various reasons why a dentist may need to remove teeth. This includes when they are impacted, which means they are coming in at an angle and disrupting other teeth, and if they are decayed. In both situations, removing the teeth requires a surgical procedure to safely remove the damaged tooth to prevent further damage to surrounding teeth.
- Bone grafting procedures. In some situations, the bone of the jaw may deteriorate. When this happens, often due to tooth decay and gum disease, it creates a risk of tooth loss in the area. To fix it, your oral surgeon may remove a part of the bone from another area and implant it here. This stimulates new bone growth.
- Jaw surgery procedures. For those who have pain and discomfort in the jaw especially along the hinge, treatment may involve surgery. This type of procedure is often done when other treatments fail for conditions like TMJ. It’s the time of surgery that can provide ample relief.
Oral Surgery Expectations
These types of oral surgery are just a handful of the options that dentists can provide to alleviate pain or minimize dental health problems. Yet, in every situation, your surgeon will take extensive steps to ensure the procedure is the right one for you and that it’s safe for you. That means providing examinations and taking x-rays. They’ll create a detailed plan for managing the condition to ensure precise results. Expect to spend some time learning about the procedure as well as what you must do afterward to ensure you heal well.
Choose an Oral Surgeon in Houston You Can Depend On
For those who need to take steps to improve their dental health using oral surgery, having a board-certified professional by your side to help you is critical. Our team at Lovett Dental Jersey Village provides a wide range of services in our office ensuring you can get comprehensive care for any situation in our location. We encourage you to reach out to us to get the care you need, no matter what condition you are facing.
As a full-service provider, our team at Lovett Dental Jersey Village can help you with most needs including:
- Preventative dental services
- Restorative dentistry services
- Dental implant services
- Periodontal disease treatment services
- Orthodontic procedures
- Tooth extraction procedures
Choose Lovett Dental Jersey Village for Your Needs
Oral surgeries can be worrisome if you’re not sure what the outcome will be or the risks. That’s why our dedicated team of professionals wants to ensure you have the very best access to the care you need. Turn to Lovett Dental Jersey Village to gain insight into the solutions we can offer. Learn more when you schedule an appointment by calling 281-890-5002 or connecting with us now online.