Crooked teeth can impact a person’s self-confidence and dental hygiene. That’s why the use of braces for kids can be so important. While traditional braces may be an option for some people, those who may not want the look of them can try clear aligner trays. The key here is to see the value in getting braces no matter which form you use. For many children, this can prove to be critical to their long-term oral health. Our team at Lovett Dental Jersey Village offers a range of solutions to meet most needs.
Dental Braces for Kids Offer Numerous Benefits
The investment in braces for kids is nearly always a good way of improving dental health. There are a few drawbacks or risks to the process. New technology and styles also help ensure the investment is worthwhile, creating the type of change desired. Often, your dentist can give you some indication of what types of improvements can happen from a consultation.
Why do it, though? Is this really necessary? It is common to ask questions like this because it is an investment of time and money. While there are many benefits to dental braces for kids, the following are three of the big ones.
- Reduce risk to your dental health – Many times, crooked teeth, gaps, or overbites can create problems with proper dental cleanings and routine brushing. It is very common for those factors to lead to early tooth decay, jawbone loss, and gingivitis. Braces can correct the problem that causes these factors to occur.
- Improved confidence – There’s no doubt that a better-aligned smile can help to increase confidence. That is especially important to many kids who may have had a past marked by teasing for their teeth. Most importantly, it may encourage your children to smile more often.
- Improved function of the jaw – This can lead to several benefits. It can help to improve speech, minimizing the problems with speech clarity. It can also help to improve chewing, which can reduce the risk of digestive problems in many kids.
Pediatric Braces Can Fix Many Problems
The only way to know if braces can help your child’s smile is to come in for a consultation and an exam. During this appointment, we will use a variety of methods to determine how much improvement and the type of changes you will see with braces. Oftentimes, braces for kids can help with problems such as:
- Jaw misalignment and pain
- Crowding of the teeth
No matter what is happening with the alignment of your child’s smile, it is worth coming in to learn more about the actual opportunities braces can offer.
Dental Braces from Lovett Dental
We offer a range of bracing options to ensure your child has access to the very best results. We also offer solutions for improving outcomes, reducing the length of treatment, and minimizing any type of pain or discomfort during treatment. New options can be exactly what your child needs.
Lovett Dental Jersey Village is a full-service dental provider. Let us help you with all of your dental needs, including:
- General dentistry services
- Cosmetic dentistry services
- Orthodontics services
- Periodontal disease treatment
- Dental implant services
Don’t Put Off Dental Care – Call Lovett Dental Jersey Village for an Appointment
Many people worry about the investment in braces for their kids. Yet, our team wants to ensure it is the easiest process possible for you. The first step is always to set up a consultation to get a better idea of your options and to determine if braces are the right solution. We’re happy to support you. Learn more when you call Lovett Dental Jersey Village at 281-890-5002 or connect with us online now.