Improving your smile is important for many reasons. If you have had braces before, you know the process and the potential reward. Sometimes, adults need to revisit the use of dental braces to continue care or to correct new problems. If you are in need of dental braces in Houston, the team at Lovett Dental Jersey Village is ready to help you.
Why You May Need Dental Braces Again
Often, a person receives treatment for teeth alignment problems in middle or high school. The corrections made then are often most effective and can be drastic. The goal of that treatment is for it to last a lifetime. Most often, it does. However, for some adults, the teeth begin to shift again, leading to an increased need to take steps to correct them. For some adults, that may mean using braces again.
How to Know You Need Adult Braces
The only way to know for sure if you need to take this step is to visit your local dentist for x-rays and an examination. That will help provide a clear explanation of what’s happening and what can be done to fix it. Some common signs of this include:
- Gapping. It’s sometimes possible for the teeth to start moving apart from each other. In some situations, this is due to poor oral hygiene, but that’s not always the case. When it happens, braces may be the right treatment option.
- Jaw pain. In some situations, a person may develop pain in their jaw, especially at that joint. This can be brought on by a misalignment. Braces can correct that. When this is the cause, treatment leads to pain relief.
- Problems with chewing or speaking. Another common indication that you may need adult braces is noticing changes in your ability to chew, bite, or speak. When the teeth shift out of place, this becomes a concern.
- Crowding. One of the most important times to consider braces is when your teeth begin to crowd. That means they start shifting to get closer to each other, sometimes overlapping in the process. This often requires treatment to avoid problems with decay.
- Damage to Structures. For some people, misalignment leads to gum disease and tooth decay, both of which are critical to treat. Proper alignment ensures a person can properly clean their teeth.
Which Options for Braces Is Right for You?
The good news is that braces options have improved since the days of metal braces. That means you may not have to worry about invasive procedures that cause pain and discomfort. Tray aligners, for example, are one of the best ways to improve your smile without having to worry about others noticing them. They can create significant improvements for users as well in a shorter amount of time.
The first step is to find out what type of treatment is right for you and whether braces are the best solution. Our team at Lovett Dental Jersey Village can offer the guidance you need. We’ll provide X-rays and a full exam to determine which solution may be right for you. As a full-service dentist, you’ll find everything you need here:
- General dentistry services
- Pediatric dentistry services
- Cosmetic dentistry services
- Periodontics specialists and providers
- Sedation dentistry specialists
Start the Treatment Process by Calling Lovett Dental Jersey Village
An investment in dental braces could be the right decision for your needs. It could give you the smile you desire. For that to happen, you have to have access to the very best care. Our team at Lovett Dental Jersey Village wants to help you every step of the way. To learn more about the services we offer or to schedule an appointment, call 281-890-5002 or connect with us online.