Dental implants may be the ideal solution for those who have one or more missing teeth. Dental implantation is a big step at restoring your smile and should be something you’re comfortable doing. That means understanding what they are and how they work. For a formal consultation and individual recommendation, give our team at Lovett Dental Jersey Village a call to learn more.
Understanding the Function of Dental Implants
There are many reasons why a person might lose a tooth. From accidents to decay, the gap left by the missing tooth can create numerous complications both to confidence and oral health. For that reason, it’s important to consider solutions. Dental implants may be the ideal solution. They are a type of artificial tooth placed deep into the jawbone that works to provide a natural-looking replacement.
To implant them, a dentist will position a dental implant device into the jawbone. This is done through a surgical procedure. After some time, the surrounding jawbone will form around the device holding it into place. This creates the foundation for the implant. From there, a small fixture is placed on top of this called an abutment. And, on top of that is a dental crown. The crown looks and functions just like a traditional tooth.
The Purpose of Dental Implants Is to Improve Your Smile
Once the tooth is in place, it can provide a wide range of benefits. Those include:
- Improving a person’s ability to bite and chew normally, which can translate into better digestive health.
- Filling in the gap, which is critical for restoring the function of the tooth, but also for minimizing ongoing decay of the surrounding teeth and gums.
- Improving the smile, which often means creating confidence for those who may have had a missing tooth.
- Improving a person’s ability to speak clearly and communicate better with all teeth in place.
- Creating a long-term solution that looks natural and lasts for decades, improving overall dental health.
- Once in place, dental implants can be very reliable. No one knows they are not real unless you tell them that’s the case.
Not everyone benefits from dental implants. Some people may need other types of dental treatment before they can benefit from implants. For example, if you have numerous decaying teeth, your dentist may recommend the removal of those teeth. It is also important for all infections to be cleared up before moving forward. You’ll also need a healthy jawbone. If too much of the jawbone is missing, your dentist may recommend a bone graft to stimulate the regrowth, ensuring the implant will work properly.
How to Get Dental Implants in Jersey Village, Texas
Dental implants can be an excellent solution. Yet, they take some time and planning. That is why the first step is to schedule a consultation with a dental implant specialist from Lovett Dental Jersey Village. We’ll provide a full dental exam and determine how healthy your gums and jaw are for implants. You may need some additional help before getting the implant in place. We’ll make recommendations for you right away.
Most of the dental needs you have can be met in our offices. We are a full-service dental team ready to help you. Consider these services, too:
- General dentistry services
- Cosmetic dentistry services
- Orthodontics services
- Periodontal disease treatment
- Dental cleanings
Invest in Your Dental Health – Call Lovett Dental Jersey Village Today
Make the decision to get dental implants with our team at Lovett Dental Jersey Village. With exceptional professionals and innovative solutions, our team can help you every step of the way in protecting your dental health. Learn more when you schedule a consultation. Call us at 281-890-5002 or connect with our team now online.