Dental implants provide a way to improve the function and aesthetics of a person’s smile. No matter when it is used, these devices are often thought of as the ideal choice for replacing missing teeth because of their durability and overall strength. For many, they can restore a smile with ease. For those looking for help with dental implants in Houston, our dedicated providers at Lovett Dental Jersey Village can offer the support you need.
The Benefits of Dental Implants Explained
There are dozens of reasons why a dental implant could be used. Yet, for those who are considering whether this option is worth it, what’s most important is seeing the benefit. If selected, what can this dental device do for your situation? Here are four potential benefits.
- Create a full smile. Missing teeth can create problems for oral health. That includes allowing other teeth to crowd into the space, increasing the risk of early tooth decay and gum disease. Implants fill in that opening to eliminate this risk.
- See a natural-looking smile in the mirror. While there are health benefits to implants, they also improve the way a person’s smile looks. The coloring of the crown used in them can match existing teeth, creating a very realistic look. No one will know the implant is there unless told.
- Improve chewing and biting ability. Missing teeth can create complications for digestion. It can also become hard to bite into foods once loved. Implants solve this problem. They are designed to be as strong as the natural teeth, creating significant improvement quickly.
- Prevent bone loss. A person with decaying teeth may suffer jawbone loss in the mouth if left untreated. The longer this happens, or the longer a gap remains, the more risk of losing additional teeth. Implants fill in that gap and eliminate the problem.
When to Seek Dental Implant Services
For those unsure if a dental implant is the right option for them, consider the advantages of getting them in place. Then, consider the warning signs that now may be the best time to get help. Common reasons to consider them include:
- Missing teeth
- Decaying teeth that need to be extracted
- A tooth that is cracked significantly and cannot be repaired
- Significant gum disease leading to bone loss and tooth loss
- The need to replace most teeth using dentures (implants may be an alternative to traditional dentures)
Improving the smile can build confidence, too, making this the type of procedure a person should not put off if they need it.
Getting a Dental Implant Starts with an Appointment
Before a person qualifies for a dental implant, a full exam must be conducted to determine the overall health of the gums and bone in the area. If there are problems here, those need to be addressed first, or at the same time, ensuring the implant will be a success. At Lovett Dental Jersey Village, our team works closely with each patient to ensure the very best level of care in all situations. For those with the need for implants, scheduling an appointment to discuss those needs is worthwhile.
As a full-service dentist, any of the dental care needs you have can be managed with us, including:
- General dentistry services
- Pediatric dentistry services
- Cosmetic dentistry services
- Periodontics specialists and providers
- Sedation dentistry specialists
Smile With Confidence When You Call Lovett Dental Jersey Village
What could a dental implant do for you? To find out, reach out to our team at Lovett Dental Jersey Village. Our dedicated team of professionals will work closely with you to ensure your dental health needs are fully met. The first step is an exam and assessment. Give us a call now at 281-890-5002 or connect with us online to get started.